FACTS ABOUT CTC

Location

Catholic Theological College has been located in various parts of Melbourne since its beginning in 1972 at Corpus Christi Seminary, Glen Waverley. In 1973-1998 it was located at Clayton and since 1999 has been located in East Melbourne, the site of Parade College 1871-1967 and Cathedral College 1968-1994. Read more...

University of Divinity

From its inception in 1972, Catholic Theological College has been one of the Recognised Teaching Institutions of the University of DivinityRead more...

Courses

The programs offered originally were geared to seminary formation. However, it was quickly recognised that they were of benefit to many others. A primary degree, Bachelor of Theology, is undertaken by the majority of students. Read more...

Acknowledgement of Melbourne's First Peoples

Wuy-Wrung or Wurundjeri people (Yarra) and the Boon wurrung are the first custodians and traditional owners of a large part of the land of inner and outer Melbourne. The symbol of the Wurundjeri is Bunjil the eagle and the symbol of the Boon wurrung is Waang the crow. Read more...

Outreach

CTC currently offers two outreach programs. Read more...

Senior Fellows

The position of Senior Fellow was instituted in 2004. Senior Fellows are members or former members of the academic staff of Catholic Theological College who have distinguished themselves by their contribution to theological education or who have rendered exceptional service to Catholic Theological College. Read more...

Diverse Faculty Backgrounds

One of the features of CTC is the variety of qualifications of the lecturing staff: doctorates are from the Angelicum (Rome), the Gregorian (Rome), the Lateran (Rome), Leuven, Manchester, Melbourne, Monash, Oxford, Ottawa, the Salesianum (Rome), UCLA (Los Angeles), as well as the University of Divinity.