Academic Information

Academic Documents

Students can obtain their Academic Documents throughout their studies and during and after graduation. Students requiring one of the following documents contact either the Academic Dean, Postgraduate Coordinator or Research Coordinator as appropriate:
  • A testamur (a unique certificate recording the award of the degree, diploma or certificate)
  • An academic transcript (a record of all units and courses of study attempted, and the results)
  • An Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (a record that has international recognition as a statement of study undertaken in Australia)
  • Enrolment Summary

Attendance Requirements

Students are expected to attend all lectures and tutorials, as set out in unit outlines. Students should advise the lecturer if they are unable to attend. Attendance at the first lecture is particularly important. At the first lecture students are given comprehensive information about unit content, assessment, and procedures for submitting assignments through ARK Learning Management System. An absence of more than 25% of lectures or tutorials in a unit is normally regarded as too great to sustain active engagement in that unit and may impact adversely on the student’s learning. Students unable to attend lectures for any reason should consult the Unit Outline (available on ARK) for information regarding the content of the missed lecture. In addition, students should access any additional resources provided in the unit reader or on ARK as well as any other recommendation that may be given by the lecturer.


Catholic Theological College does not have an on-site bookshop. For book purchases we recommend the following, which are in alphabetical order:

Email Addresses

  • Student emails 
    Generally students use their own personal email address. Please advise the Academic Records Office of any email changes as soon as possible. Students are reminded to check their emails regularly to ensure they receive relevant information. CTC email addresses are available upon request to the Assistant Dean, and will follow the same convention as lecturers: e.g.,
  • Staff emails 
    CTC emails follow the convention for all staff. For example:


EndNote is a reference management software tool, used to manage bibliographies and references when writing essays and articles. EndNote is available to all academic staff and currently enrolled students of University of Divinity. EndNote can help you:

  • Collect and organise references to resources, such as books and journal articles,
  • Add citations to your documents, and
  • Create bibliographies that use standard citation styles.
EndNote’s Cite While You Write feature links references to a Microsoft Word Document and automatically generates a reference list/bibliography.
A training guide and videos are also available online.
Access Information
Under a University of Divinity licence, all staff and students can install the EndNote bibliographic management software on their personal computers (both desktop and laptop). The latest version is EndNote X9. Before downloading the software, you need to complete an EndNote Access form. You will then receive instructions on how to download the EndNote file. Mannix Library manages the EndNote licence for the University, so please speak to library staff if you require assistance.

Student Concession Card: Public Transport Victoria

  • Undergraduate Domestic Students 
    Student concession is available to undergraduate domestic students who study fulltime. According to the Department of Human Services, a student who is enrolled for three units or more can be deemed as fulltime for the purposes of student concession. To apply, obtain a form from the PTV website and bring the completed form including two passport-sized photos to the Academic Records Office. Students studying part-time are not eligible for this concession. However, those on a low income, may be eligible for a Health Care Card from Centrelink.
  • Postgraduate Students 
    Students undertaking a postgraduate degree are not eligible for PTV Student Concession Card. However, domestic students on a low income may be eligible for a Health Care Card from Centrelink.  
  • Student Visa Holders 
    Transport Concessions are available to undergraduate students on a student visa (conditions apply). For more information contact the University of Divinity. Students on other visas are not eligible for this concession.

Workload (Volume of Learning)

  • Undergraduate Units
    150 hours for a 18-point unit. 
    This is normally 36 hours of engagement (for example, twelve 3 hour classes) plus 114 hours of personal study including assessments across 16 weeks of the semester. 
  • Postgraduate Units
    200 hours for a 24-point unit. This is normally 36 hours of engagement (for example, twelve 3 hour classes) plus 164 hours of personal study including assessments across a 16 week semester.
    For 16-point units the workload (volume of learning) is reduced by a pro-rata amount from that of a 24-point unit.
  • Workload per semester 
    University of Divinity recommends a maximum of four units per semester for Undergraduate students, and three units per semester for Postgraduate students. This equates to 72 credit points for all students.
  • For holders of a student visa 
    Full-time study is:
    Undergraduate Students: four units per semester
    Postgraduate Students: three units per semester