Students in any UDiv course can have their tuition fees met by a loan from the Commonwealth Government (conditions apply). The scheme is called the Higher Education Loan Program: Fee-Help for short. The following are correct at the time of printing and are subject to change. 

Am I eligible for Fee-Help

You are eligible for Fee-Help if you:
  • Are an Australian citizen or a New Zealand Special Category Visa Holder or a permanent humanitarian visa holder (resident in Australia);
  • Have an Australian Tax File Number; and
  • Have not exceeded the Fee-Help Lifetime limit: $104,400 from 2019.
Note that holders of permanent resident visas are not entitled to FEE-HELP.

How much can I borrow?

You can borrow up to a maximum of $104,400 over your lifetime.
From 1 January 2019 this will include any new HECS-Help borrowing. 

Is there a loan fee?

From 1 January 2019 there will be no loan fee on UDiv courses. 

How do I apply?

When you tick the FEE-HELP box on the enrolment form, you will receive an email from the Department of Education and Training to initiate your online application for FEE-HELP. Follow the link in the email to complete your application prior to the commencement of your first unit of study, ensuring that you have your Tax File Number to include on your application.

Commonwealth Assessment Notice

The Commonwealth Assessment Notice (CAN) is emailed to you after every census date for the unit(s) that you are enrolled in. The CAN lists information about your enrolment and the FEE-HELP debt you have incurred for the unit(s). See the Study Assist website for more information.

How do I repay my FEE-Help loan?

  • Students repay their loan through the tax system once their income is above the compulsory repayment threshold which is $44,999 from 1 January 2019
  • You can also make voluntary payments off your Fee-Help debt. See the Study Assist website for more information.

Fee-Help and Privacy

  • UDiv and CTC take your right to privacy seriously, and only use information you provide for the purpose for which you give it. See the HELP Privacy notice on the Study Assist website.
  • If you participate in Fee-Help, your details will be listed in the Department of Education's Higher Education Information Management Scheme (HEIMS), and you will receive a Commonwealth Higher Education Student Support Number (CHESSN), which remains unique to you for life.

Census Date

The Government sets a census date for each unit. All enrolments in relation to Fee-Help loans must be finalised at CTC by this date. 

Further information