The Daniel Mannix Library
Catholic Theological College
278 Victoria Parade East Melbourne VIC 3002
PO Box 146,
East Melbourne VIC 8002
Phone: 03 9412 3350
Fax: 03 9415 9867
Email the Library
Email for Inter Library Loans
The Mannix Library exists primarily to serve the needs of staff and students of Catholic Theological College, Melbourne. Services are also extended to staff and students of the John Paul II Institute for Marriage and Family. The library is also open to the public.
It provides access to over 100,000 monograph volumes and approximately 220 current serials.
As well as maintaining its own catalogue, the library contributes to MCDcat - a virtual union catalogue containing records from all the libraries associated with the Melbourne College of Divinity.
Library borrowing fees are included in the CTC and JPII unit fees.
Members of the public may botrow on payment of a membership fee.
The Library was founded in 1923 as part of Corpus Christi College – the provincial seminary for the Catholic dioceses of Victoria and Tasmania. The seminary and the library were located at various times at Werribee, Glen Waverley and Clayton.
When Catholic Theological College was established in 1972, library services were extended to CTC.
In 1999, the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne assumed responsibility for funding the library which was renamed the Daniel Mannix Library and relocated from Clayton to its current site in East Melbourne.